Crime 7/31/13


Bank St., 1200 block, July 21, 1:10 a.m. The victim was walking on the block when he was approached by 10 to 15 males ranging from 14 to 24 years of age. One yelled out, “Hey,” and the victim was punched in the face when he turned around. The victim fell down and was punched and kicked. During the assault, the victim’s phone went missing. The suspects fled on foot; the victim sustained a broken jaw.

E. Pratt St., 2100 block, July 21, 1:57 a.m. The complainant reported that he was riding his bike when two men pushed him off of it. Then, 10 other men ran up and began kicking and punching him. One of the suspects told the victim, “Don’t make me use my gun.” The victim did not observe a gun. The suspects went into his pockets and took his cell phone and also his bike. The victim, who sustained abrasions to his arms and a bruise to his face, went home to make the police report. One man, 19, was arrested in connection with the incident.

N. Lakewood Ave., unit block, July 21, 2:04 a.m. The victim, a 60-year-old man, was walking on the block when seven to eight young men approached him. One produced a black handgun and demanded his money. The victim told them that he had no money, and began to walk away. He then heard the suspect yell, “Get down!” The victim saw a truck pull up at the light. He jumped into the bed of the truck, which drove away, and called the police. One man, 19, was arrested, the same man arrested in connection with the previous incident.

Fait Ave., 3000 block, July 21, 2:20 a.m. The victim  said she was walking when she was approached and surrounded by five to seven young men. One of them grabbed her cell phone, and she struggled to keep it. During the assault, her purse containing $50 went missing. The men ran off. The report states that the woman was intoxicated and did not get a good look at the man who hit her. She refused medical attention. One man, 19, was arrested, the same man arrested in connection with the previous incidents.

S. Potomac St., 400 block, July 21, 2:49 a.m. The victim reported that he had gotten out of a cab when he was struck in the side of the face, where he was holding his cell phone. He dropped it and was struck again. One of seven young males demanded his property and hit him again. Some of the suspects fled but one went through his pockets and took his phone and $140. The cab driver gave chase for a bit, but returned to the scene and left before police arrived. One man, 19, was arrested, the same man arrested in connection with the previous incidents.

N. Chester St., 100 block, July 22, 1:07 a.m. While officers were responding to a call, they were flagged down by a man who told them he was robbed by two male suspects after parking his car. The men pointed a gun at him and ordered him to turn out his pockets. They took his car keys and ordered him to walk away. The victim hit his vehicle with his fist to set off the alarm. He got into the rear seat of the vehicle and was forcibly removed by the suspects.

E. Baltimore St., 3200 block, July 22, 2:50 p.m. The victim said that he was listening to music on his cell phone when the suspect came from behind and hit him in the face, arm and chest. The cell phone fell from his hand; the suspect grabbed it and fled.

Fait Ave., 5700 block, July 22, 5 p.m. As the officer was responding to a call, additional information was broadcast, allowing officers to apprehend two of the suspects in the area. The victim reported that she was walking and talking on her phone when she heard someone running up on her. She was struck in the head by an unknown object. She fell down and dropped her phone. One of the men yelled out, “Get it!” She got a good luck at the suspect. Two arrests were made.

Brentwood Ave., 6700 block, July 23, 3 a.m. A man told police that he was behind the counter in the store when the suspects entered. One went behind the counter while the other two stood in the store. The first suspect demanded “it all,” and pulled up his shirt, showing his gun to the victim. The victim placed the cash from the register in a bag and handed it to the suspect; all the suspects fled.

E. Lombard St., 900 block, July 23, 7:10 a.m. A man told police he was stepping on to the Charm City Circulator bus and was walking past the driver when three boys approached him. One tried to snatch the victim’s phone. A struggle ensued; the suspects, who had their shirts pulled up over their noses, soon managed to get the phone and flee the bus.

S. Caroline St., 500 block, July 23, 7:15 a.m. The victim reported that he was rear-ended by an older, silver Volkswagon Jetta. As he got out to exchange information, he was robbed by three young men. During the robbery, one of the suspects went into the victim’s car while the other two tried to take the victim’s phone and keys from his person. The victim threw his phone; the suspects grabbed it and fled.

Eastern Ave., 1800 block, July 23, 1:36 p.m. The victim stated that he was in his bathroom when he hear his door knob turn and his door open. He left the bathroom to investigate and was met by three suspects at the top of the stairs. They pushed him into his bedroom; he fell to the ground. They took his property and fled.

E. Pratt St., 1900 block, July 24, 3:50 p.m. The victim said that she was behind the counter of the food mart when the suspect came in. He got a drink and walked to the counter. He pulled out a gun and demanded money. The victim gave him the money, and he left. The victim hit the panic button for the police.

One Comment on "Crime 7/31/13"

  1. jeff August 1, 2013 at 7:19 am · Reply

    What was the race of these young males that are committing these vicuious attacks? That’s an important detail.

Leave a Comment