State’s Attorney’s office drops charges against two men

Written by on March 28, 2012 in Crime - No comments

Julien Rosaly: charges dropped

The Baltimore State’s Attorney’s Office has dropped charges of two men accused of holding up a couple at gunpoint near Federal Hill Park.

Charges were dropped after prosecutors confirmed that one of the suspects was eating at a South Baltimore deli at the time the robbery was committed.

The female victim had identified both of the suspects.

The victims, a married couple, were returning home after a night out, police said, and saw two suspects nearby riding bicycles. Police said the one of the suspects held a gun to the man’s head and demanded his wallet and cell phone, then stole rings from the woman worth more than $20,000. The property has not yet been recovered. “We are following up on leads and doing what we can to recover the property,” said Det. Jeremy Silbert, a police spokesman.

Nicholes Maultsaby: charges dropped

Meanwhile, officers of the Violent Crimes Impact Section conducted a citywide sweep of robbery suspects with outstanding warrants. Police have so far arrested more than 30 suspects and seized several handguns, said police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi. “It was a targeted robbery initiative. We went through the list of people who are naughty and went after them,” he said.

Leave a Comment