Road races and building construction will complicate travel on several area roads this weekend.
Crane lift operations will close down:
• Hanover St. between Pratt and Lombard streets Saturday, April 21, 6 a.m.-6 p.m.
• one lane of through traffic on Wolfe St. between Orleans and McElderry streets Saturday, April 21, 6 a.m.-4 p.m.
• Lombard St. between Gay and Light streets Sunday, April 22, 3 a.m.-6 p.m.
• Calvert St. between Pratt and Lombard streets Sunday, April 22, 3 a.m.-6 p.m.
• Commerce St. between Water and Pratt streets Sunday, April 22, 3 a.m.-6 p.m.
• South Street between Water and Pratt streets Sunday, April 22, 3 a.m.-6 p.m.
One lane of traffic along several South Baltimore streets will be closed for the Soul of the City 10K Run, which will begin and end at McHenry Row, on Saturday, April 21, beginning at 9 a.m.
Runners will run along Key Highway and turn right on Valencia Court to the harbor promenade. They will follow the promenade past the Light Street Pavilion, around Piers 5 and 6 and then turn left onto Pratt Street. Runners will continue left on Light Street, right on Lee Street, left on S. Charles Street, right on Henrietta Street and left on S. Hanover Street. They will then turn left on Wells Street, left on Johnson Street, right on E. Randall Street, left on Battery Avenue and right on Cross Street. Runners will continue right on Key Highway, right on Webster Street, left on Fort Avenue back to McHenry Row.
Traffic will be stopped to allow runners to cross streets at various times during the race. Motorists should watch out for pedestrians, obey signs and signals and consider using an alternate route.